The Congress Initiative "Feel the spirit ... do-it-at-leipzig.de"
Experience Leipzig's special atmosphere as a conference location
If you’re organising a national or international congress, Leipzig’s unique team spirit is what makes the city an ideal meeting place. The congress initiative “Feel the spirit… do-it-at-leipzig.de” is a network of around 50 partners in Leipzig, including congress and event venues, conference hotels, service agencies, local PCOs and logistics partners. They work together to promote Leipzig as a place to meet, supporting event planners and cooperating closely on the planning, organisation and implementation of events of all formats and sizes.
The initiative is the first port of call for PCOs, event agencies, international associations, organisations, clubs, businesses, scientific institutions and many more.
The service portal at www.do-it-at-leipzig.com introduces all of these providers, along with the services they offer the congress and conference sector. A search function lets users filter suitable services for whatever they require, access detailed information about room sizes as well as photos, and submit enquiries directly. The portal also includes specific contact details, a shortlist feature and all the latest news about Leipzig as a meeting location.
Would you like to get to know Leipzig and its conference and congress facilities in order to best prepare your event?
We will be happy to support you on site and arrange contacts with the providers.
The congress package offers exclusive conditions as well as many services free of charge to anyone wishing to bring national and international congresses of any size to Leipzig.
The exact scope of services is determined by a grid and depends on the size, significance, orientation, industry and duration of the planned congress.
Information for suppliers and partners
The Congress Initiative - a strong alliance
The Congress Initiative "Feel the spirit ... do-it-at-leipzig.de" is:
- A joint marketing pool of several Leipzig-based companies that are working together to market Leipzig as a successful congress and conference location - regionally, nationally and internationally.
- The number 1 reference source on the Internet for all event planners looking for conference hotels, locations and service providers for their congresses, conferences and events in Leipzig.
- An optimised research and working tool for the MICE business in Leipzig to generate an individual selection of event options.
Our partners' experiences show: Alone, everyone is unique - together we are strong.
"Feel the spirit ..." overview
The success story of "Feel the spirit ... do-it-at-leipzig.de" began in 2000. Under the joint management of Leipziger Messe GmbH and Leipzig Tourismus und Marketing GmbH (LTM GmbH), a temporary transitional solution became today's service portal for conference and congress organisers. Since 2017 the platform has not only offered a new, user-friendly design but also the "Virtual Site Inspection" feature with spectacular 360° images. By now, more than 50 partners benefit from strategically planned congress marketing.
- Increase in the number of events
- Increase in resulting overnight stays
- Increase in the number of participants
- Increase in the number of congress inquiries
- National and international congress decision makers in companies, associations, clubs, agencies, PCOs and institutions
- Local congress decision-makers in companies and scientific institutions, such as the University of Leipzig and other universities
- Specialist journalists and editors of trade journals, online portals including social web
The congress initiative's advisory board consists of one to two representatives from the respective divisions who meet three to four times a year.
Tasks and responsibilities of the advisory board:
- define objectives
- identify and decide on marketing measures
- management and annual evaluation
Marketing Activities Overview
The congress initiative regularly presents
- itself at international trade fairs such as IMEX in Frankfurt and IBTM world in Barcelona as well as at
- national trade fairs and workshops.
As Preferred Partner of the German Convention Bureau e.V. (GCB), the congress initiative benefits not only from the advantages of GCB membership, but also from exclusive services that ensure a permanent market presence. These include online and trade fair marketing, customer events and effective public communication. Each division (destination, congress centres, etc.) is represented with one seat each.
On www.do-it-at-leipzig.de - the detailed research tool for event planners - all providers and their services are presented.
The main features are:
- Filter suitable offers using search functions
- Retrieval of detailed information, including room sizes and photos
- Create a watch list
- Direct dispatch of inquiries and contact information from relevant contacts
- Display of current information on events at the conference location Leipzig
With the Virtual Site Inspection, numerous Leipzig locations and hotels can be discovered in 360°. VR glasses or cardboard are provided for this purpose.
- Mailing of press releases on current topics from the Leipzig congress industry and news from the partners
- Distribution of all news in online portals such as MyNewsdesk, on Twitter and via the German Convention Bureau
- Annual press conference
- Publication of news from the congress initiative partners on www.do-it-at-leipzig.de
- Placement of advertisements in selected trade media - offline and online
Sales-promoting measures for event planners include:
- Site Inspections
- Study Trips (Fam-Trips/Educational Trips)
With the support of our partners, event planners are invited to get to know Leipzig's conference facilities and supporting programme offers.
Your advantages - your benefits
- Joint marketing for Leipzig as a congress and conference destination
- Detailed presentation on the www.do-it-at-leipzig.de internet portal
- Participation in the annual partner meeting to evaluate existing projects, to discuss new projects and to exchange experiences
- Target and action planning via the respective division representatives on the advisory board
- Participation in selected industry trade fairs and study trips
- Networking with partners
Become a partner, profit, feel the spirit
We will personally inform and advise you about all topics so that you can quickly benefit from all advantages. Just contact us directly.
Tel: +49 341 7104-240