A culinary journey through Leipzig
For connoisseurs – Gastronomy in Leipzig
Dine like Luther, Goethe, Bach or Wagner in historic restaurants. Drink a "Scheelchen Heeßen" (coffee) in an Art Deco ambience or original coffee house style. You'll see - Leipzig's culinary options are positively (g)astronomical! Arabic, French, Japanese or Italian might not seem "typical Leipzig", but somehow they are. After all, Leipzig is a city where the whole world feels at home - and you can taste it, too!
But there are also typical specialities in Leipzig. So, for some gastronomical field research, try:
- Leipziger Allerlei (vegetable mix with crayfish)
- Leipzig Lerchen (or "larks" - marzipan-filled mini tartlettes)
- Bachtorte and Bachtaler (mocha-ganache desserts dedicated to Bach)
- Leipziger Räbchen (sweet donuts)
- Gose and Leipziger Allasch (specialty beer and caraway liquor)
Well then, as the Leipzigers say: Gudn Abbedied!
Leipzig tastes good! Discover Leipzig's diverse cuisine.
Award-winning cuisine, the cult of the currywurst, menus catering to vegan trends, international delicacies – Leipzig's long list of good eateries ensures visitors are spoilt for choice.
You can get all your information at a glance in the practical restaurant guide.