Richard Wagner's, "The Ring of the Nibelungs" 1 - 6 May 2019
A real treat for the eyes and ears
Musical and culinary delights
The world-renowned composer Richard Wagner was born in Leipzig in 1813 and went on to notably shape the city's musical character. In 2014, the Leipzig Opera was the only venue where a performance of the "Ring" could be enjoyed four days in a row. 2019 is once again a special year for all Wagner fans and for Leipzig Opera with the house completing the Ring cycle once more. During your stay, you will also have time to acquaint yourself with the birthplace of Wagner, be it through a city stroll through the historic city centre, or on a boat trip through "little Venice".
- 5 x nights, incl. breakfast at Leipzig Marriott Hotel Leipzig, Am Hallischen Tor 1, 04109 Leipzig in a prime downtown location
- One ticket per person (price group 2) for all of the following Richard Wagner performances in the Leipzig Opera
- "Das Rheingold" on 1 May 2019 at 5.00 pm (performance duration: around 2 ¾ hrs, no intermisson)
- "Die Walküre" on 2 May 2019 at 5.00 pm (performance duration: around 5 hrs, two intermissions)
- "Siegfried" on 4 May 2019 at 5.00 pm (performance duration: around 5 hrs, two intermissions)
- "Götterdämmerung" on 5 May 2019 at 5.00 pm (performance duration: around 5 ¾ hrs, two intermissions)
- Participation in a 2-hour city tour (German/English combined) " On the Notenspur to the Wagner Sites" on 2 May 2019 at 10.00 am
- One admission per person to the permanent exhibition "The Young Richard Wagner 1813 to 1834" at the Old St. Nicholas School
- Participation in a 2-hour city tour (German/English combined) to the most beautiful sights outside the city centre and subsequent trip to Leipzig New Lake District including lunch and 1-hour boat trip on Lake Markkleeberg on 3 May 2019, 10.00 am (end: 4.00 pm, comments during the boat trip only in German)
- 90-minute guided tour (German/English combined) through the Museum of Musical Instruments of the University of Leipzig at the GRASSI Museum including a special concert on historical keyboard instruments on 4 May 2019 at 10.30 am (pick-up by the tour guide at the hotel around 9:45 am)
- 1 x lunch per person (3-course menu, without drinks) in the Panorama Tower Restaurant (on the 29th floor of the City Tower) at 12.30 pm incl. the possibility to visit the roof terrace at 120 m on 4 May 2019
- Guided tour (German/English combined) on the way from the Marriott Hotel (start: 9:45 am) to the GRASSI Museum in combination with a short city tour followed by a guided tour from the GRASSI Museum to the Panorama Tower Restaurant on 4 May 2019
- 1 tourist map per room
Discount for Opera tickets in price group 1: €9.00 per ticket
Early arrival possible from 30.04.2019:
€70.00 per person/night in double room incl. breakfast
€130.00 per person in a single room, incl. breakfast
Tour operator of the listed package tour is Leipzig Tourismus und Marketing GmbH, Augustusplatz 9, 04109 Leipzig, Tel. +49 (0)341 7104275, email@example.com.
This offer is subject to both availability during the requested booking period and any price increases implemented by the individual service providers. We are happy to organise a group arrangement for the above offer upon request.
- Please note: The city of Leipzig will implement a guest tax in Jan. 2019 payable directly at the hotel. Rates, however, have not yet been published.
The offer is generally not suitable for persons with reduced mobility. We would be happy to provide you with an alternative offer that is individually tailored to your needs. Please contact us for more information!
The city tour is bilingual (German/English). Performances are with German surtitles.
The tour is operated if a minimum of 20 participants is reached. If this number is not met, we reserve the right to cancel the tour (30 days prior to arrival the latest) or adjust the range of services.
All guests who booked the tour through above mentioned tour operator will take part in the programme (guided tours, meals etc.) together as a group.
Entry requirements EU nationals do not require a visa to enter the Federal Republic of Germany. Citizens from non-EU countries can find the current entry and visa regulations here.