Richard Wagner's, "The Ring of the Nibelung" in 15 - 20 January 2020
A real treat for the eyes and ears
A Musical Delight
The world-renowned composer Richard Wagner was born in Leipzig in 1813 and went on to notably shape the city's musical character. In 2014, the Leipzig Opera was the only venue where a performance of the "Ring" could be enjoyed four days in a row. 2020 is once again a special year for all Wagner fans and for the Leipzig Opera, because the venue will play the complete the Ring cycle once again. During your stay, you will also have time to acquaint yourself with the birthplace of Wagner, be it through a city stroll in the historic city centre, or by enjoying a visit to the permanent Wagner exhibition. One of the absolute programme highlights is the special tour of the Blüthner piano manufactury.
- 5 x nights incl. breakfast at the Vienna House Easy Leipzig, Goethestraße 11, 04109 Leipzig in a prime downtown location (opened in summer 2018)
- 1 ticket per person (price group 1) for each of the following performances by Richard Wagner at the Leipzig Opera
- "Das Rheingold" on 15 January 2020 at 5.00 pm (performance duration: about 2 ¾ h, without an intermission)
- "Die Walküre" on 16 January 2020 at 5.00 pm (performance duration: about 5 h, two intermissions)
- "Siegfried" on 18 January 2020 at 5.00 pm (performance duration: about 5 h, two intermissions)
- "Götterdämmerung" on 19 January 2020 at 5.00 pm (performance duration: about 5 ¾ h, two intermissions)
- 1.5-hour city tour (German/English) "Auf der Notenspur zu den Wagnerstätten" (On the musical trail to Wagner sites) on 16 January 2020 at 10.00 am
- Our exclusive programme highlight: Trip to the Blüthner Pianofortefabrik in Großpösna near Leipzig with champagne reception and exclusive guided tour (German/English) through the manufactory, followed by lunch (2-course-menue) at the restaurant Forsthaus Raschwitz and a small Leipzig city tour on the way back on 17.01.2020 (9 am - 4 pm)
- Entrance to the permanent exhibition of the Kulturstiftung Leipzig "Der junge Richard Wagner 1813 bis 1834 (the young Richard Wagner 1813 to 1834)" in the Old St. Nicholas School on a day of your choice
- 1 tourist map per room
Early arrival starting from 14.01.2020 possible:
€65 per person/night in double room incl. breakfast
€109 per person in a single room, incl. breakfast
Intermission catering (incl. 1 glass of wine) in the Leipzig Opera on 16.01., 18.01. and 19.01.2020:
€59 per person for all 3 evenings
Other travel dates and notes
Do you already have other plans for January and would like to experience Wagner's Ring in Leipzig in May 2020? Our attractive travel offer for the date 20 - 25 May 2020 can be found here.
Tour operator of the listed package tour is Leipzig Tourismus und Marketing GmbH, Augustusplatz 9, 04109 Leipzig, Tel. +49 (0)341 7104275, firstname.lastname@example.org.
This offer is subject to both availability during the requested booking period and any price increases implemented by the individual service providers. We are happy to organise a group arrangement for the above offer upon request.
Please note: Effective from 01 Jan. 2019 the city of Leipzig implemented a guest tax of € 3.00 per person and night, payable directly at the hotel. This tax is not included in the price per person mentioned above.
The offer is generally not suitable for persons with reduced mobility. We would be happy to provide you with an alternative offer that is individually tailored to your needs. Please contact us for more information!
The guides tours are bilingual (German/English). Opera performances are with German surtitles.
The tour is operated if a minimum of 15 participants is reached. If this number is not met, we reserve the right to cancel the tour (30 days prior to arrival the latest) or adjust the range of services.
All guests who booked the tour through above mentioned tour operator will take part in the programme (guided tours, meals etc.) together as a group.
Entry requirements EU nationals do not require a visa to enter the Federal Republic of Germany. Citizens from non-EU countries can find the current entry and visa regulations here.