The former Royal Saxon residence town is considered the political centre of the Reformation and one of the most beautiful Renaissance cities in Germany. Torgau is located on Germany's most popular long-distance bicycle route, called the Elbe bike trail. The town's more than 1,000-year history can be explored at numerous museums and exhibitions.
- Stay duration: unlimited
- Spaces: 50 caravan/camper van spaces; 50 tent spaces
- Surface: field
- Distance to town centre: approx. 2.5 km
- Amenities: two cyclist's cabins, facilities with showers, disability-accessible toilet, baby changing room, two washing machines, a dryer
The Torgau campsite is located on the beautiful banks of the "Großer Teich", surrounded by meadows with isolated trees. The camping site is suitable for tents, caravans and camper vans. It is about 1.6 hectares in size and offers spaces for 50 short-term visitors and 50 long-term campers.
The camping site provides play and sports equipment, a small pool and new facilities built in 2011 with shower, toilet, washing machine, dryer and baby changing room. In addition, there are two bungalows available each with 1 bunk bed, 1 table and 2 chairs as a simple overnight accommodation.
Sporting activities such as sailing or beach volleyball are possible in the immediate vicinity. The spacious area around the large pond offers attractive hiking and cycling possibilities.
The historical city centre of Torgau is only approx. 15 minutes away on foot.
Spaces for camper vans
• parking area (P4) on the Elbe, Pestalozziweg
• camping site at the Großen Teich, Turnierplatzweg
• parking area (P2) on Straße der Jugend 14
• parking area on the Aquavita, Nordring 14
• parking spaces on the Elbe Pestalozziweg
• parking area on Straße der Jugend 14
The site is a marked part of the Elbe parking area with an unobstructed view of the river and Elbe meadows. The terrain is even to slightly sloped and paved.
• May - September, camping site Am Großen Teich
Telephone: 03421 902875 or 0151 21849031
• October - March, Torgau sewage treatment plant, Repitzer Weg 9
Mo - Fr 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
Telephone: 03421 743661