Near the White Elster, in the Elster-Luppe floodplain forest, is the Auwaldstation Leipzig.
Near the White Elster, in the Elster-Luppe floodplain forest, is the Auwaldstation Leipzig. At the "entrance" to the nature reserve Burgaue and the Lützschena castle park, you are invited all year round to get to know and explore one of the most beautiful and valuable nature areas of the region. The Auwaldstation sees itself as an educational faculty, meeting place and cultural centre. On the ground floor of the house and in the grounds, various adventure areas provide information on numerous environmental and natural topics. The focus is on the Leipzig floodplain forest and the castle park.
- Guided themed floodplain forest hikes and excursions (e.g. Rural Auwald rally, expedition meadow, herbal hike)
- Project offers for kindergarten groups and school classes
- Nature conservation information (wheelchair accessible)
- Lectures, travel reports, guided tours on various topics of the flora and fauna
- Castle Park guide
- Cultural events (readings, exhibitions, concerts, theatre)