Are you good with words and love editing texts on current Leipzig topics as well as communicating them across various channels? Can you structure your work and are a talented organiser? Are you passionate about building up tourism in Leipzig and take an interest in the city's development? Does your list of hobbies include photography and social media? Then an internship in our Public Relations/PR department is perfect for you.
You will gain comprehensive insights into tourism marketing thanks to close networking with the "Online Marketing/Social Media", "Marketing Services" and "Incoming" departments.
Here is an overview of your responsibilities.
- Press work – research and contributions to press releases, participation in press conferences
- Writing articles for the press NEWSROOM: www.mynewsdesk.com/de/leipzig
- Cooperation with the news agencies "Pressetext" and "dpa/News" aktuell. Online editing and dispatch of press releases: www.leipzig.travel/medien/
- Press work for over 50 municipalities in the LEIPZIG REGION and writing city profiles for the research portal: www.leipzig.travel/recherchetexte
- Assisting with editorials and blogs and support with scriptwriting for TV teams
- „LEIPZIG Close Up“ – Writing event texts for the supplement of LTM's consumer magazine.
- Organising individual and group press trips to Leipzig
- Looking after travel bloggers while they are in Leipzig and putting together personalised programmes for them during their stay.
- Organising the "Tourism Breakfast on Tour" for influencers in the LEIPZIG REGION
- Project management (e.g. Leipzig Festival of Lights) as well as assisting with the organisation of the "Tourism Breakfast" and the "Leipzig Tourism Prize": www.leipzig.travel/tourismusfruehstueck
- Taking photos at press conferences and editing images using Photoshop. Maintaining the digital photo archive: www.leipzig.travel/fotoarchiv
- Compiling the monthly press review and calculating advertising equivalence values
- Office communication and correspondence with newsrooms and companies
- Very good German language skills
- Good PC knowledge (Word, Access, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
- Good general knowledge and good knowledge of Leipzig
- Communication skills in dealing with customers, partners and employees
- Organisational skills, creativity, flexibility and high self-motivation
- Friendly and well-groomed appearance
About Leipzig Tourism and Marketing GmbH
LTM GmbH aims to promote tourism, events and congresses as well as image communication and location advertising for Leipzig and the region. It is our responsibility to market Leipzig worldwide as a city of music, culture, trade fairs and congresses. Our team of around 40 employees aims to communicate the strengths and future potential of Leipzig as well as sustainably establish Leipzig as a location brand.
An internship at LTM GmbH gives you the chance to apply your theoretical knowledge and gain practical experience in close contact with customers and business partners. You will learn how to work responsibly and independently and gain some experience. Your responsibilities will be appropriate to your current level of training/
studies and your knowledge. When carrying out your responsibilities, your experienced mentor will be available to help and advise you.
Have we aroused your interest? Then send your application by email to:
Leipzig Tourism and Marketing GmbH
Tel. +49 (0)341 7104-215
If you have any more questions about this vacancy please contact:
Head of Public Relations
T +49 341 7104-310